Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Hours

Tuesday, November 11, 2010, 8:34 am

Being productive is cool:

I got out of bed at 7 o'clock today.  The first thing I did was plug in my iPod for some sweet, Brazilian music then gather the ingredients for tonight's supper, Sweet Potato Chili , a crock pot recipe.  I brought a chair into the kitchen so I could sit while reaching down into the bottom of the refrigerator to get the sweet potatoes and onions.  It is much less taxing to move the chair and sit than to hold my balance while bending over.  Bending at the knees is a skill I haven't remastered yet/

Being on my feet while cutting was a challenge, but I found that if I stand in the corner and lean my hip against the counter, I can stand long enough to cut the veggies and make  my coffee.

After the chili was assembled and the crock pot plugged in,  I started making my breakfast, a bowl of grits.  Since our kitchen is too small to host a microwave, I had to assemble the it in the kitchen, then walk it to the microwave without spilling.

Once again, the chair from the table gave me a place to rest while waiting for the grits to cook.

When I sat down to eat, I checked the time.  It was just after 8.  A pretty good hour.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment