Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Good days, bad days

Tuesday, November 9, 2010 1:26 PM

Today, I am so exhausted I can barely sit up and type.  I couldn't catch my breath in  physical therapy and cut the session short.  I also stumbled three times this morning, but no falls.

Good Days, Bad Days is the name of a book I got about dealing with chronic illness, but haven't read much of it.  What I did learn was that recovery in an uneven process, some times things will be great, sometimes not so great.

Today, I decided while waiting for my physical therapist to get my chair, is a bad day.  After over 5  of good days, I am due.  After all, how can we evaluate the good without some bad to hold up next to it?

I thought, I've had my seven years of plenty, and  now is it time for the seven years of lean?   But then I remembered that I had my lean years first, those months I spent getting weaker and weaker until I became paralyzed.

And how did I get through those dark times?  One day at a time, not worrying about the future, just concentrating on the now and leaving the details to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment