Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Down by the lazy river

Monday, August 8, 2010

Adrienne and I went to swimming tonight at the fitness center on Miami's campus.

What a blast. Miami University has thoughtfully provided a chair lift that is easy to get on and off and is operated by the passenger, so I could control my own decent and ascent. In chest deep water, my legs will bear my body weight. Plus I can really swim, hold on to the wall and kick or bicycle my feet.

We walked inside the rim of the pool, sometimes I held the wall, sometimes I held Adrienne, others I was independent. When we got to the end, we smooched and went back.

The last time I was in a pool was at The Drake Center. I cried with joy because I felt almost normal. The water counter-acted the gravity that pressed me down the rest of the time. When I called them, my knees raised my feet towards my chest just like they were supposed to do.

I changed the "Overheard" box on the upper right corner of the pager, please let me know if you have any you would like to share.


No comments:

Post a Comment