Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fat Tuesday

We flew into Naples last Friday night (and boy, were my arms sore!).


This vacation has been pretty low key, plenty of sitting around the table with Adrienne's mother and friends, drinking coffee and laughing.  

Lots of laughing; very restorative.  

Today was the Fat Tuesday Brunch here at Lola's condominium.  I couldn't sleep last night.  I tried reading, then writing, then surfing the net aimlessly, then listening to music; I wasn't falling asleep.  Sometime after midnight, I took an Ambien, and still felt wired.  At some point I got on the Internet and sent a bunch of messages to people.  When I got up again, the air was full of dancing points of light, leading me back to bed and the arms of Hypnos.

Post-bender tremulously, I woke up a few hours later and started my day.  Evidently, from what Adrienne has said, I was unsteady on my feet at the brunch.  I came back early and threw myself into bed for a solid, hour long nap, orthotics and all.

Lunch is next, then a trip to the pool.  

1 comment:

  1. I hope you guys are having an awesome time! I just wanted to let you know that the animals and I are snuggled up cozily at the house and all is well. :)

    ReplyDelete