Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pink lightning

In a flash of pink lightning and a loud shreik, a naked, jumping Mercedes appeared at the foot of my bed, yelling "I am here Nana!"


I am sad to say that a cold has laid me low the last couple of days. Colds never used to stop me before, slow me down, sure, but never stop me. It makes me angry, then scared and finally sad to once again experience life from bed.


Especially now that Merecedes is here.  She is so funny and smart, too. The other night, while trying to put a puzzle together, she told me, "when you get frustrated, it is a good idea to take a break and do something else for a while,“ with a very straight face.  I felt soothed and calmed down immediately.


Am I such a basket case that my 3 and a half year old granddaughter needs to take care of me?


I have the name and number of a therapist, now I am just trying to find the courage to call him. I have to do it soon though.I am tired of feeling like this all the time.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.2

1 comment:

  1. I just thought I'd say "hello!" I was recently diagnosed with CIDP back in August 2011 and started a blog too. I can't wait to read as you go through this journey...maybe we can share along the way?

    ReplyDelete