Thursday, June 30, 2011

Counting the days

We are packing, getting ready for our move to Statesboro, Georgia.  Once again, I am going to rely on Alex (and anyone else I can grab) to do the heavy lifting.

Neither Oxford nor Statesboro are really my home.  When I do go to my real home, I am sure I won't miss either one.  In the mean time, I am having a hard time saying good-bye.  There is so much here, so many people, that I love.  Moving, however, might put them out of my life and that makes me sad.

Usually when I leave a place, I feel like I feel like a criminal, sneaking away.  Actually, that has been true in the past.  The fact that I am going to miss being here, instead of being grateful to have gotten out in time, is proof that I am not the person I used to be and I celebrate that change.  I am pretty sure that I won't look at this time here (as opposed to my college years) with regret for the bad decisions I made.

I am done with my coffee, I need to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment